The BIM4SupplySideDelivery Working Group is being formed to support the UK Government BIM Task Group and will bring together various organisations from the delivery supply chain including: product manufacturers, designers, contractors, specialist sub-contractors and other key members of the built environment.
The working group will:
- Help raise awareness of the Government’s Level 2 BIM requirements across the delivery supply chain (both construction and infrastructure).
- Build a programme of activities that will assist in supply chain BIM mobilisation and implementation.
- Create and promote consistent standards of BIM practice across the delivery supply chain.
- Provide the BIM Task Group with feedback and delivery advice on programme activities.
- Feedback on BIM lessons learned from within the supply chain.
The working group is chaired by Mike Peasland, Chief Executive Officer Construction UK at Balfour Beatty.