BIM4RailUK is formed of representatives from heavy rail infrastructure owners, maintainers and major projects within the UK, with the aim of advancing the use of Information Modelling within the rail sector.
The group is also calling upon other rail clients and suppliers, within the UK rail industry, to get involved by joining the BIM4RailUK group on the business networking site LinkedIn – providing a forum for communication and discussion within the group.
The group have agreed to collectively aim to achieve the following goals:
- Develop a vision for the future of Information Modelling within the rail industry.
- Promote the use of Information Models for operational and maintenance activities.
- Develop guidance and best practice for the management and maintenance of Information Models.
- Identify and address Information Modelling issues common across the rail industry.
- Collectively represent the rail industry when collaborating with Government, industry bodies and commercial organisations, on matters relating to information modelling.
Terms of Reference
A copy of the groups Terms of Reference can be found here – BIM4RailUK Terms of Reference (PDF)