Building Information Modelling for Local Government
With over 400 Authorities across the UK a dedicated approach is available to support Local Government adoption of Building Information Modelling. BIM4LG is a dedicated resource tailored to assist Local Government Authorities with the following features
- Dedicated BIM Task Group Liaison Officer – John Lorimer, with significant experience in implementing BIM at a senior level in one of the largest city authorities.
- BIM Task Group Technical Support Officer – Graeme Tappenden, again with significant experience in implementing BIM & Information Systems in multi- discipline organisations
- Access to a network of Local Government bodies and others who are on their BIM adoption journey
- A library of model documents and standards tailored to Local Government
- Publish your BIM Early Adopter Project candidates and report on the journey.
- A self-assessment 10 minute BIM ScoreCard.
- Access to a other material and tools in response to member feedback
To gain access to these resources you will need to read the disclaimer and then register (button below). Registration is free of charge and available to all UK Local Government bodies and officers. This is currently restricted to .gov.uk email addresses only.