The Construction Industry Council BIM 2050 group strive to develop a culture which enables a digitally integrated approach to positively impact our built environment.
The group consists of a collection of industry leading young professionals representing most corners of the industry. From architects, engineers and contractors, to legal professionals and surveyors representing their respective professional institutions.
The scope of this group is to not only focus inwards within the construction industry, it is also encouraged to reach out to other sectors and industries to integrate any parallels they find.
The terms of reference for the group are:
1. To improve image and efficiency of the construction industry.
2. Promote shared knowledge and be an active forum for like minded industry professionals to collaborate.
3. Develop and review strategic scenarios for the future of the construction industry
4. Offer unique perspectives and critical thought leadership to challenge the construction industry.
5. Disseminate information to help positively shape the future of the construction industry
6. To take a wide view of the industry and research what an interdisciplinary scope of work may look like as technology develops.
With these terms of reference in mind the group has made a start on concentrating on three key areas. The group will be reporting on these point at its launch in Jan 2013.
- Education & Skills
- Culture of Integration
- Technology & Process
Our report, downloadable from the link below, consists of an assessment of the current situation and a proposal for future development through a series of essays.
The group is chaired by David Philp, Head of BIM Implementation, Cabinet Office
To interact with us on our website Click here
Connect with us on Twitter too Click here
CIC BIM2050 Group publishes Built Environment 2050: A Report on our Digital Future
Download BIM 2050 Report [LINK]